Denise Chávez: 1948—: Writer Biography - Cultural And Literary Roots, Confronted Issues Of Sexuality, One Of Las Girlfriends
Inspired by the distinctive culture of the southwestern Borderlands where she was born, writer Denise Elia Chávez has gained critical recognition for her drama and fiction that explores themes of Chicano identity. Chávez writes about waitresses and handymen, hospital workers and bag ladies, and the complex social ties that both constrain and sustain them. As she explained in a Los Angeles Times article, "I know where my heart is and where my strength comes from: the landscape, the mountains, friendship, my cultura."
- Nick Chávez: 19(?)(?)—: Hair Designer, Model, Entrepreneur Biography - Got Start Grooming Horses, Became Runway Model, Developed Own Hair-care Products
- César Chávez: 1927-1993: Labor Leader Biography - Grew Up In Poverty, Risked Life Savings To Form Union, Began Hunger Strike, Pressured By Larger Labor Union
- Denise Chávez: 1948—: Writer - Cultural And Literary Roots
- Denise Chávez: 1948—: Writer - Confronted Issues Of Sexuality
- Denise Chávez: 1948—: Writer - One Of Las Girlfriends
- Other Free Encyclopedias