Ricky Martin: 1971—: Singer, Actor Biography
Joined Latin Boy Band Menudo, Released First Solo Album, Unforgettable Grammy Performance, Released English-language Album
Ricky Martin was already a superstar entertainer in Latin and South American nations, beginning with his stint in the hugely popular group, Menudo. But his singing the soccer anthem at the 1998 World Cup, and a sensational performance at the 1999 Grammy Awards ceremony, propelled the singer/actor to international megastar status. A music idol since the age of 12, Martin grew to establish himself as one of the leading pop stars of the 1990s, and has been at the forefront of a new generation of popular Latin artists.
Martin was born Enrique Jose Martin Morales IV on December 24, 1971, in San Juan, Puerto Rico, the first child of Enrique Martin, a psychologist, and Nereida Morales, an accountant. His parents divorced when he was two. After six-year-old Martin told his father he wanted to be in show business, he was enrolled in singing and acting lessons. He began his entertainment career on the stage by performing in the choir and in school plays, and by age eight, he was appearing in television commercials.
- Agnes Martinez Biography - Personal, Career, Member, Honors Awards, Writings, Work in Progress, Sidelights
- Jacqueline Briggs Martin (1945-) Biography - Awards, Honors, Writings, Sidelights - Personal, Addresses, Career, Member
- Ricky Martin: 1971—: Singer, Actor - Joined Latin Boy Band Menudo
- Ricky Martin: 1971—: Singer, Actor - Released First Solo Album
- Ricky Martin: 1971—: Singer, Actor - Unforgettable Grammy Performance
- Ricky Martin: 1971—: Singer, Actor - Released English-language Album
- Ricky Martin: 1971—: Singer, Actor - Opened Doors For Others
- Other Free Encyclopedias