Fernando de la Rúa: 1937—: Politician, Lawyer Biography
Joined Union Civica Radical, Ran For President, Abandoned Office
The former president of Argentina, Fernando de la Rúa attempted to restore solvency to a nation deep in debt and out of patience with governmental corruption, rampant inflation, and unemployment. Elected late in 1999 by South America's second largest nation, de la Rúa, Argentina's 47th president, applied the negotiation skills he perfected as an attorney, senator, and mayor of Buenos Aires. For a few tranquil months, he appeared to outclass his predecessor, Carlos Menem, in integrity and direction. The return of scandal and disruption to the cabinet and Senate forced de la Rúa to resign.
- Erzsi Deàk (1959-) Biography - Personal, Addresses, Career, Member, Writings, Sidelights
- Oscar de la Renta: 1932—: Fashion Designer Biography - From Painter To Designer, Created Off-the-rack Designs, Growth Of Oscar De La Renta Ltd.
- Fernando de la Rúa: 1937—: Politician, Lawyer - Joined Union Civica Radical
- Fernando de la Rúa: 1937—: Politician, Lawyer - Ran For President
- Fernando de la Rúa: 1937—: Politician, Lawyer - Abandoned Office
- Other Free Encyclopedias